This month brings awareness to Mother Earth and each Monday we will have 5 new tips for you to help Cure Mother Earth. We encourage everyone to take these tips and incorporate them into your life, not just this month but all year long
Here are tips 6-10:
6. Go vegetarian - You don't have to give up your favorite meats, but if you try to do one free meat day a week, it can save up to 2500 gallons of water that it takes to produce a single pound of beef.
7. Launder correctly - Wait to wash your clothes until you have a full load of laundry. Switching your hot water to warm while doing laundry can save 100k barrels of oil per day!
8. Use all sides - When writing on paper, try to use up both sides of paper. Business' waste about 21 million tons of paper per annum! After using the paper don’t forget to recycle that paper!
9. Water bottles - Bottled water is a great convenience when on the go, but you should bring your own bottle and refill it as needed. 90% of water bottles end up decomposing in landfills instead of being recycled.
10. Shorten your shower - If you shorten your shower time by just 2 minutes you can save ten gallons of water. If we all could just save one gallon it would be two times more water saved than is currently drawn daily from the Great Lakes.
Check back next Monday for tips #11-15! And share this article and tips with your friends and family together we can make a difference.