Missed the first set of tips?
Second Set of Tips Here!
Third Set of Tips!
Earth Month is all about awareness for the planet, and we think the best way to get people motivated to help the planet is to give them some tips on how to do just that. So each Monday in April, 5 tips will be revealed, counting down to the #1 tip for 2020.
5. Try wrapping gifts in reusable fabric and tie with a ribbon. Millions of trees are used for wrapping paper, try looking for nice fabric you’d want to use over and over.
4. Start recycling with your family by setting up bins near the regular trash bin. Out of sight out of mind, if the recycling bin is not available you’ll most likely forget to recycle.
3. Donate your old cell phone. Did you know that 130 million mobile phones are retired every year, which means 65,000 tons of waste. This includes hazardous materials, such as lead and mercury. You can find many places to recycle your phone(s).
2. Since we are getting closer to hotter months, try to conserve energy the best way that you can. Set your thermostat to 78 Degrees, to help lower the consumption of energy. The U.S. Department of Energy recommends setting your thermostat to 78F (26C) when you are home. You can also go help cool your home with sun blocking curtains.
1. The number one tip in 2020 is to, Turn the Faucet Off! This will save you money on your water bill but also help save Water. Take shorter showers, turn the water off while brushing your teeth don’t just let water run for no reason.
Every tip this Month is important, and the real challenge is... Can you apply them all to your life? Try to today! Stick to it.
Share these tips using Hashtag's #CureMotherEarth and #KidsCures
We Only Have One Planet, Let's Protect it Together.
Looking for more ways to help the planet?
Try our Earth Month Challenges, and Win!